If you took my quiz to find out the best AmaWaterways cruise for you, then you probably want to know more details. This article will cover how much an AmaWaterways river cruise is, how to check availability and book it.
But let me guess, the biggest question you have is...
How much is an AmaWaterways river cruise...exactly?
Like any travel advisor will tell you, the answer is: It depends.
I know, I hate that answer, too. But it's true.
There is a huge price range from $2000-$6000+ per person depending on:
- Timing: For European river cruises, prices are lower in the spring and fall and higher in the summer.
- Stateroom Category: The price of staterooms goes up as the size of room and its windows increase. Staterooms on a higher deck can also cost more.
- Cruise Duration: As you would expect, the more days your cruise is, the more it will cost. When looking at pricing, it's helpful to look at the cost per day. But remember, that includes accommodations, meals, excursions, AND transportation, so it's great value.
How to find prices on AmaWaterways' website
Follow these steps to view pricing on AmaWaterways' website:
- From the menu at the top of the page, click on "River Cruises" and select your desired itinerary.
- This step will be much easier if you take my quiz that tells you which itinerary is best for you!
- Next, click on the "Dates & Prices" menu option, which will show you all of the departure dates for that itinerary.
- As the picture below shows, the price by departure date appears on the righthand side of the page. To see how much more different stateroom categories cost, click the "Upgrades" button.
Psst - you can skip these steps and just fill out the form below to get the answer 😉
But what the AmaWaterways website WON'T tell you is availability.
River cruises book up quickly. The majority of staterooms are reserved about a year in advance, especially during the summer months.
Want to guess which rooms are snatched up first? It's typically the suites (i.e. the most expensive rooms on the ship)!
That may be a bit counterintuitive, but those are the best seats in the house. Suites have the most space, often with a private balcony, and in the best location on the ship.
Don't worry though, I've booked river cruises for clients just a few months out with success.
The key to booking a river cruise a few months in advance is to be flexible on dates and/or itinerary.
- If you have limited flexibility on dates, then open your search to other itineraries that are close to the one you like. For example, the Enchanting Rhine and the Captivating Rhine are almost identical. The only difference between the two is the direction it sails down the river and a couple excursion options.
- On the other hand, if you love a specific itinerary, then you may have to be open to different dates to make it work.
If you're even remotely interested in a river cruise, it can't hurt to check availability and pricing to see your options.
Which leads me to my next point...
How to Book
The next step of the process is to fill out the Quote Request form below.
This step will give you the exact answer to your burning "how much is an AmaWaterways river cruise" question. Plus, I'll share availability for your desired river cruise so you know your options.
Are you thinking, couldn't I just get a quote directly from AmaWaterways?
Sure, you can do that.
However, let me elaborate on what I can do for you throughout the booking and planning process.
Benefits of Working with Me
So go on - take the next step towards your dream and fill out the form below!
Even if you aren't sure you want to work with me, I encourage you to fill out the Quote Request form below. It's totally free - no strings attached and no obligations to book this cruise.
Obviously, I would love to work with you. But more importantly, I'd like to help you explore the possibility of making your dream river cruise a reality.
I believe deeply in the power of travel. Anything I can do to get you out exploring the world makes me happy!
P.S. I didn't even mention the best part! If you like the quote you receive, I can put that stateroom on hold for FREE for SEVEN days! This gives you time to figure out your finances, double-check your schedule, etc.
I pinky promise I won't share your information with anyone. However, I require this info because it's the minimum details to put a stateroom on hold. Having your ideal room getting snagged by someone else is the worst. Hence, why I ask for this info up front to avoid disappointment.
Do you have more questions about river cruising? Leave a comment below!